Perfect Planter

Happy Weekend! I have been away from my blog this week because of the many projects around my home. I have been cleaning and reorganizing my cellar, planting in the gardens, pruning, weeding and today’s blog, my perfect planter. I have been looking for a french style planter for a while. The ones I found on the internet were rather expensive and I was not sure of their condition. While shopping at Pier One about a month ago, I spotted a planter that had a french style look to it, but it was painted black. I wanted a white one! It was on sale and I thought,”I could paint this!”
img-thing
DSC_0078
Guess what I did? I painted it white and it looks perfect! Just what I wanted!

DSC_0036

I lined the basket of the planter with Spanish Moss and arranged some pink Impatiens (my favorite) with a few different types of Ivy. Placing a Pansy at the bottom, along with a cute garden sign ( I found on sale at Jo-Ann fabric and craft store) and a bow I made from burlap ribbon, finished the look.

DSC_0078

It fits right under my dining room window on my front porch. I don’t have window boxes, but the planter works just as well…if not better! This is why it’s my “Perfect Planter”!

DSC_0127

I hope you enjoyed today’s post!
Make everything you do Lovely,

LuAnn

19 Comments

1. Your planter stand looks lovely. I prefer it white too-it makes the flowers look so pretty!

My Say G’day Saturday linky party has just started and this would be a great post to share. Please pop by and say g’day if you have a minute!

Best wishes for a great weekend,
    Natasha in Oz

1. Thanks Natasha! I was very happy with the way it came out! Thanks for viewing my blog and I will gladly join your linking party!
      Happy Weekend! πŸ˜‰
      LuAnn

2. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.
    I am quite certain I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here!
    Good luck for the next!

3. Aunt Rose says:

Hi Lu, I just love the white planter. I am going to buy one for my house in Florida.

1. Thanks Aunt Rose! It would look great for your Florida home! πŸ˜‰
      Lu πŸ˜‰

4. Sandra Garth says:

Perfect indeed!

1. Thank you Sandra! πŸ˜‰

5. Got love Pier One! It looks so much prettier in white. I saw an old rusted one similar to this while on vacation this past weekend. If it weren’t for the fact that I was flying I would’ve picked it up in a heart beat and gave it a spray of white paint. Can’t have too many of these in the garden πŸ™‚ Visiting from the Inspire Me Tuesday Party!

1. Thanks Marie! I was so happy when I found it and then painted it white. It’s one of those things that a simple change can make all the difference! Thanks for visiting my blog!
      LuAnn πŸ˜‰

6. Babs says:

LOVE your planter and it looks so good in white. I’ve been looking for one to put on ly deck for a long time. I’ll check our Pier One to see if they haven any left. Thanks.

1. Thank you Babs! I hope you are able to find one in your area! It was a great find! Thank you for viewing my blog. πŸ˜‰
      LuAnn

7. bethnpenn says:

I think the planter is lovely in white. And will be easier to clean at the end of the season than the window box. I like it!

1. Thanks Beth! I do like it better than window boxes. I had four of them on my porch many years ago and they were very hard to keep up with. This is much easier! Thanks for visiting my blog today! πŸ˜‰

LuAnn

8. Good idea to paint it white…it looks beautiful with all those pretty flowers.

Blessings,
    Linda

1. Thanks Linda! Painting it white worked out great! I wanted it to match the trim of my house. Thanks for viewing my post and your lovely comment.

LuAnn πŸ˜‰

9. Sherry says:

Very lovely planter! Thanks for sharing!

1. Thanks Sherry! I was very happy with the way it turned out! Thanks for viewing my post!
      LuAnn πŸ˜‰

10. katelaineransom says:

That’s what I would have done too! It looks beautiful! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

11. Thank you Kathy for your wonderful comment and for the opportunity to share my posts with your beautiful blog! Many thanks again for the feature on for my kitchen!;)
    LuAnn