A Cozy Fourth of July Celebration

Blog Photos
Happy 4th everyone! I wanted to share my “Fourth of July” table with you. It was a very dark and wet day today from Hurricane Arthur coming up the East coast. We had some of the winds but mostly heavy rain. There would be no outdoor celebration on the deck this year. Oh well, maybe next year! We made it a cozy indoor event with movie watching all day and dinner “inside” at night.DSC_0104

I wanted a light and easy going feeling for the table. I used red and blue napkins with white plates on wicker placemats, to get that July 4th summer look. Candles for a cozy glow and pretty clear crystal goblets for a little sparkle helped to make it festive.
DSC_0100

I found these cute red, white and blue star bird houses while out shopping. I thought they would look great in the cabinet in my family room, but instead I used them on my kitchen table for an Independence Day Design. I placed them in this white tray to keep them together while creating a simple design.
DSC_0095

These salt and pepper bird shakers fit in nicely with the bird houses. The Ivy plant adds a touch of nature to the “Fourth of July” vignette.
DSC_0091

It’s easy to create a quick design for your table. Pulling together a few elements that fit into the theme you want just takes some thought and execution. Finding things around the home that will work into your design theme, is not that hard to do. Just think of the color, size and shape of the items you want to use and then be an investigator around your house.

Wishing you a lovely weekend!
LuAnn 😉

19 Comments

1. Sherry says:

Lovely table! Have a wonderful Sunday!

1. Thanks Sherry for viewing my post !
      LuAnn 😉

2. Oh those cute star birdhouses caught my eye at the That DIY Party. Where did you get them LuAnn?

1. Hi Marie! Thanks for viewing my post! I bought the star bird houses at Jo-Ann fabric and craft store. I checked on line and you can purchase them on sale for $9.00 each.
      LuAnn 😉

3. I love the subtlety in your table design. The red and blue hints are quite elegant and the stars are lovely without being ‘bang-em-over-the-head’ obvious. Nicely done!!

1. Thanks Lory! The ‘less is more’ idea is the best way to get the most out of any design. Thank you for the visit today!
      LuAnn 😉

4. Sherry says:

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

1. Thanks Sherry for the lovely comment and for viewing my post!
      LuAnn 😉

5. Nellie says:

Liked your table and loved your centerpc. Very cute and simple.
    Most of my tables are simple and relaxed too, especially in the summertime.
    Thanks for sharing it
    blessings, Nellie

1. Thanks Nellie! I do agree that summertime tables are simple and relaxed! Thank you for the lovely comment and for the visit today!
      LuAnn 😉

6. pjkuhn says:

It’s so pretty, LuAnn. I love the idea of putting things together on a tray. I just bought one from Dayspring and now I know how I’ll use it. I love how you made your table festive even though you had to party inside. ~Pamela

1. Hi Pamela! Thank you for the wonderful comments! I find it helpful using trays in my designs in creating a composition that is not only pretty but functional. If you have to move the tray to clear the table or to another spot, the design stays together. I like having a variety of different sizes to play with. I find it easier and not so overwhelming to decorate a particular space by putting together a vignette on a tray.
      LuAnn 😉

7. this looks like a beautiful table setting for the fourth of July! I love the old and rustic elements. Thank you for sharing at the Friday Favorites link party!

1. Thank you Emily! I wanted that old and rustic feel for the 4th celebration. I thought how appropriate for the holiday!
      Thanks for the lovely comment and the visit today!
      LuAnn 😉

8. Shanice says:

Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream’s City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week 🙂

9. Kathy says:

Love your tablescape – the star-shaped birdhouses are perfect for the centerpiece!~ I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

10. Jann Olson says:

LuAnn, love your trio of birdhouses! You really created a fun vignette with them for the 4th! Hope you are seeing better weather now. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,.
    Jann

11. Deborah says:

So cute…I love the star bird houses! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

Blessings,
    Deborah

1. Hi Deborah! The star bird houses worked out great for my 4th display! Thank you for the lovely comment and for visiting today!
      LuAnn 😉